Bright Project is Hello! Project's sister group, which debuted in 2008
- Fruity Girlz
- Colorful Musume
- Pastel Star
- English Roses
- Bright Project Kenshuusei
- Bright Project Kenshuusei UK
- Bright Project Kenshuusei Tohoku
- Bright Project Kenshuusei ChuShiKyuu
- 2nd Gen: Takase Ayaka
- 3rd Gen: Uesaka Aoi
- 4th Gen: Yabushita Miyuki, Yamashita Nanami
- 5th Gen: Carla Parkinson, Freya Lee, Yoshizawa Uta, Guchimura Sumire
- 6th Gen: Yamane Ayaka, Wakabayashi Mimi, Nakatani Momo
- 7th Gen: Ibi Setsuna, Shiga Fumiko, Yakumo Rin
Fruity Girlz (Green):
- 1st Gen: Matsui Akari, Doi Karin
- 2nd Gen: Watanabe Tina, Takamura Sora
- 3rd Gen: Ninomiya Fumiko
- 4th Gen: Silvia
- 5th Gen: Jougasaki Nina, Thalia Laksani, Cammy Tran, Kobayashi Rina, Minase Aina, Ichihara Nanami
Colorful Musume (Light Blue):
- 1st Generation: Kudo Ai, Uchida Minami, Amano Sonata
- 2nd Generation: Matsunaga Kirara, Ohashi Anju, Takaura Rino, Miyazaki Yumeko
- 3rd Generation: Saitou Megumi, Tozawa Hinako, Watanabe Kiera
- 4th Generation: Gawamura Mio, Sakura Yamada
- 5th Generation: Natsuki Kumiko, Koyanagi Hinako, Li Meilan, Sasada Minami, Matsumura Akiho, Asai Moeka
- Shimamura Ayame
- Yoshida Kaede
- Tanimura Atsuko
- Kyile Richards
- Takagaki Remi
- Sakamura Kanako
- Tanaka Yuuka
- Sugimura Miyu
- Ogawa Marie
- Yamaguchi Airi
Pastel Star (Pink):
- Nakamura Tomoka
- Hamaura Chihiro
- Ichimura Rinne
- Iwasaki Kanon
- Sakamoto Ami
- Kinoshita Reina
- Takeda Miku
English Roses (Rose Red):
- Megan Edwards
- Savannah Turner
- Jessica Berger
- Brynn Kingsley
- Jess Robinson
Bright Project Kenshuusei
- 8th Gen: Hibiki Fujiwara
- 9th Gen: Eguchi Rina, Murakami Hina
- 10th Gen: Ishikawa Aina, Toyonaga Nene
- 11th Gen: Kasagawa Rana
- 12th Gen: Yamada Ayame, Aikawa Seira, Nanase Airi, Niizuma Moe
Bright Project Kenshuusei UK
- 2nd Gen: Emily Hammonds
- 5th Gen: Chantal O'Lear, Rani Prakash, Gemma Wood, India Patel
- 6th Gen: Maryse Pierre, Jenna Kingsley, Faith Parkinson
- 7th Gen: Abigail Haddow, Aliyah Malik, Zoey Payne, Eliza Lee
Bright Project Kenshuusei Tohoku:
- 1st Gen: Suzukawa Fuuka, Nagasawa Ayusa, Gojima Miharu, Nakaya Shiori, Takada Honako, Bandou Kanon, Nishiyama Yuuna, Suzukawa Ruuka
Bright Project Kenshuusei ChuShiKyuu:
- 1st Gen: Itsugi Mio, Matsushita Arisa, Fujiki Yui, Shibuya Erika, Emuro Yurina, Kawamura Ayami, Fuchikami Asaka, Katsuki Reia, Azuma Fuki, Tsunematsu Honoka, Yamamoto Shino, Chikaraishi Maika, Yamano Ririka, Asahina Ayaka, Ishimaru Airi
- Aijima Paige, Aiba Miu, Ono Luna
Ayase Naho (Teal)
The Bright Project program officially opened after a series of auditions in search of new girls to join Hello! Project Kenshuusei. Bright Project debuted with the group ANGELIX.
On the 10th of November, Hime Factory members Manami, Chisaki, Rena and Alessia were invited to model a promo in a sauna showing off swimsuits from Mochi Swimsuit Company. However, Hanano was also supposed to be there, but she got an anxiety attack just before filming.
Manami, Chisaki and Rena were on scandal when the producers made them naked and showing some Yuri love, such as kissing each other, The video overall was uploaded to the Hello Project Channel by a Bright Project staff member, and received negative response from fans and critics. The Bright Project staff member was fired and Bright Project and Hello Project decided that Bright Project will be on hiatus during this month and the next month, in order to let people forget about the situation and let no hate occur.
Hime Factory decided on the 12th of November that they disbanded and decided on their futures. Manami, Chisaki and Rena announced they are leaving Japan but didn’t tell where are they going, otherwise people will stalk them. Hanano will be moving to Osaka, and will be studying to become a psychologist, and will also study English and Chinese. Miki will be a model. Kurumi and Alessia announced they will be moving to Hello Project. It will be a tradition in case there is no plans for Bright Project members after the group disbands or if she graduates, they will work in Hello Project.
On January 1st, it was announced that Nakatani Momo who failed the Hello! Project Kids audition and Bright Project Kenshuusei Yamane Ayaka and Wakabayashi Mimi will be joining ANGELIX.
They announce a couple of graduations during Feburary: Murada Aimi and Shimizu Makoto from ANGELIX, Kawamura Momoko, Miyajima Yume and Miyashita Rika from Fruity Girlz, and Kudo Ai and Takaura Riho from Colorful Musume.
In the end of March, they are having another Bright Project Shin Member Audition.
They announced that on May 8th, Hello Project Kids 2 member Niizuma Moe, Fantasy Rookies member Kobayashi Rina, DIVAS members Shiga Fumiko and Yakumo Rin, and Girls Division Kenshuusei member Ibi Setsuna have transfered. They will be in the Kenshuusei until they announce plans for the group.
In June, they announce a new unit, called Pastel Star.
In July, they announced two new Kenshuusei branches: a Tohoku prefecture one and a Chugoku-Shikoku-Kyushu prefecture one, called ChuShiKyuu.
On the 8th of August, they announced a new unit in the UK, called English Roses, based on the Madonna book. The group will be similar to Coconuts Musume but it won’t be a sister group, and neither would add any members. The group will debut in English until they feel comfortable singing in Japanese. The group consists of 1st Generation Bright Project Kenshuusei member Megan Edwards, 5th Generation member Jess Robinson, 6th Generation member Brynn Kingsley, and 7th Generation members Savannah Turner and Jessica Berger.
On the 29th of August, they announce another English unit but without any forming members, called Queenshadow. The UK Kenshuusei will audition for it alongside a separate audition for non-Kenshuusei in England for the group, called Bright Project UK NEW STYLE AUDITION: ~Queenshadow~.
On October 3rd, they announced a new project audition, called Bright Project NEW PASTEL ANGELS Audition. As the title suggested, they are having an audition for new ANGELIX members, as well as younger members for Pastel Star, and a new performance unit to rival Ichioka Reina’s group, and also Beautiful Bizarre from their sub company Hello! Project Fantasy. The audition will start next month, and finalists will be announced at the start of December.